BROOKLYN - An early morning house fire on Dumont Avenue injured two residents, fire officials say.
Fire officials say the blaze started at around 1:30 a.m. at 10-14 Dumont Ave. One victim was taken to New York Presbyterian Hospital in serious condition. The other victim was transported to Brookdale Hospital for minor injuries.
The victims’ family members told News 12 that the fire started on the second floor and quickly spread. They believe it was sparked by a family member who was lighting incense inside the home.
Authorities have not released the exact cause of the blaze.