2 teens rescued from Bensonhurst fire

BENSONHURST - Firefighters rescued two teenagers trapped by flames inside a Bensonhurst home Tuesday afternoon.

Fire officials say the blaze started in the kitchen of 73 Bay 26th St., trapping the teens in an upstairs room. Neighbors who noticed the flames and smoke called 911.

More than 50 firefighters responded to the incident and rescued the boys. They were taken to the hospital with minor injuries.

Three firefighters were also treated for minor injuries at the scene.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

Residents are concerned about the safety of items 1 The Buzz: Safety concerns in wake of 8-year-old boy's death
Kevin Reilly, 8, died after a heavy planter 2 Vigil remembers 8-year-old killed by fallen planter box
News 12 asked viewers what they thought about 3 Hudson Valley Talks Trump: First 100 days
A kid from the Bronx is one of 4 Actor from the Bronx stars in '13 Reasons Why'
In honor of National Superhero Day, News 12 5 Word on the Street: Superheroes

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE