2nd lawsuit filed over BX tour bus crash

A second survivor of the Bronx tour bus crash that killed 15 people filed a lawsuit today against the bus company, seeking $200 million in

BROOKLYN - A second survivor of the Bronx tour bus crash that killed 15 people filed a lawsuit today against the bus company, seeking $200 million in damages.

Passenger Erold Jean Marie says bus driver Ophadell Williams fell asleep at the wheel, causing the deadly crash. The suit accuses Brooklyn-based World Wide Tours of hiring inept employees.

The first lawsuit was filed earlier this week by survivor Yuke Chu Lo, 74, of Manhattan. Lo's lawsuit seeks $20 million in damages.

Fifteen people were killed March 12 when the bus flipped over and was cut nearly in half by a sign pole.

Williams' lawyer says he was alert the whole time and swerved only to avoid a tractor-trailer that nearly clipped the bus. The driver has not been charged in the crash.

$20 million suit filed against BK bus company for crashCeremony held for 15 killed in tour bus crash BK tour bus driver's license suspended after crash

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

An 18-year-old boy who was shot and killed 1 Teen ID'd in fatal police-involved shooting
Catch 2 LI Winter: Theaters add extra shows for winter break
Nassau Police say they arrested a 23-year-old man 3 Police: Uber driver beaten unconscious by passenger
The former rookie officer was convicted for shooting 4 Group gathers to commemorate Liang trial
5 Neighborhood Brief for Feb. 19

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE