SUNSET PARK - Six firefighters were treated for injuries at an area hospital after trying to put out a fire at a two-family home on 52nd Street Saturday.

Officials say the fire started in the home around 2 p.m. and quickly spread to two neighboring buildings.

Fire investigators say the blaze appears to have been sparked by a mattress fire. Officials say a resident in the building tried to discard the mattress without calling for help.

One person was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene and the six firefighters were taken to Maimonides Medical Center with minor injuries.