6 rushed to hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning

Six people, including three children, were rushed to the hospital this morning for carbon monoxide poisoning. Firefighters found the tenants unconscious at 644 Lafayette Ave.

BROOKLYN - Six people, including three children, were rushed to the hospital this morning for carbon monoxide poisoning.

Firefighters found the tenants unconscious at 644 Lafayette Ave. in Bed-Stuy at around 5:30 a.m. Officials say they recorded the building's carbon monoxide levels at 500 parts-per-million when it should be at zero.

According to the FDNY, the victims were all able to regain consciousness, but some of the kids may have to undergo further treatment inside a hyperbaric chamber at Brookdale Hospital.

The city's Office of Emergency Management says the incident should serve as a reminder for all Brooklyn residents to check their detectors and change the batteries.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

Two teens attempting to jump from one rooftop 1 Teen dies trying to jump between rooftops
EMT Yadira Arroyo, a mother of five, was 2 Suspect involved in EMT murder arrested
A Brooklyn artist is dedicating a portrait to 3 Brooklyn artist memorializes slain Bronx EMT
Models, designers and photographers from all over the 4 Fashionistas flock to Brooklyn for NYC Shootathon
The Harlem Globtrotters paid a visit to children 5 Harlem Globetrotters visit children at Brooklyn Hospital

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE