BUSHWICK - Officials say an electrical cord is to blame for an overnight fire that ripped through a building in Bushwick and sent six people to the hospital.

Fire officials say the blaze started at around 3:15 a.m. at 269 Bleecker St. They say they believe the fire started on the first floor then spread to the second floor.

Officials say a 35-year-old woman and a 45-year-old man were taken to the hospital in critical condition. The other victims suffered minor injuries.

Neighbors say that all six people that were sent to the hospital are family members.