Carbon monoxide exposure sickens Crown Heights family

The Thanksgiving holiday turned into a nightmare for members of a Crown Heights family after they got a mild case of carbon monoxide poisoning.Shanefia Wray

CROWN HEIGHTS - The Thanksgiving holiday turned into a nightmare for members of a Crown Heights family after they got a mild case of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Shanefia Wray says she, her boyfriend and three children spent more than 24 hours in the hospital after becoming sick at their Park Place apartment.

Wray says when emergency medical responders arrived at the family's home, their carbon monoxide detectors immediately went off. Wray and her boyfriend say they had no idea their family was in danger because the apartment did not come with a carbon monoxide detector.

New York City requires building owners to provide at least one approved carbon monoxide alarm within 15 feet of each bedroom.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

Two teens attempting to jump from one rooftop 1 Teen dies trying to jump between rooftops
A Brooklyn artist is dedicating a portrait to 2 Brooklyn artist memorializes slain Bronx EMT
Hundreds were on hand to honor an FDNY 3 Family, friends say final goodbye to fallen FDNY EMT
EMT Yadira Arroyo, a mother of five, was 4 Suspect involved in EMT murder arrested
Models, designers and photographers from all over the 5 Fashionistas flock to Brooklyn for NYC Shootathon

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE