CROWN HEIGHTS - A man was taken to the hospital after the ceiling in his apartment collapsed on him.

Sharlene Rodriguez says first water started gushing from the ceiling then it finally collapsed on her husband sending him to the hospital. Rodriquez says he hurt his leg but he is now recovering.

The Fire Department has told the family it must leave because it is not safe to stay in the apartment. Rodriguez says the landlord has to reconstruct the entire ceiling.

Some of the tenants say they are planning to withhold their rent until major repairs are done to the building.