Chemical company worker burned in Prospect Heights

An employee with Diamond Chemical Company has been rushed to the hospital after Hazmat teams say he in came in contact with a dangerous substance

PROSPECT HEIGHTS - An employee with Diamond Chemical Company has been rushed to the hospital after Hazmat teams say he in came in contact with a dangerous substance in Prospect Heights. Fire officials say the incident happened at 121 Montgomery St. The worker was apparently transferring chemicals from his truck to containers inside the building when the hose connection malfunctioned and sprayed cleaning solution in his face. Officials say he suffered several first-degree burns and, after being hosed down, was rushed to Long Island University Hospital's burn center in stable condition. Hospital officials say he is expected to make a full recovery.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

A picture showing White House Counselor Kellyanne Conway 1 Kellyanne Conway's feet on oval office couch heels up outrage
VIDEO: Chopper 12 over Midwood HS evacuation 2 VIDEO: Chopper 12 over Midwood HS evacuation
News 12 viewers discuss President Donald Trump addressing 3 Word on the Street: Trump addresses Congress
Edna Pierre-Jacques, 78, was found inside her Troy 4 Police rule East Flatbush woman's death suspicious
Heralding a 5 Trump sees 'new chapter of American greatness' in big speech

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE