Con Ed worker recovering after being overcome by carbon monoxide

A Con Edison worker is expected to be OK after he was rushed to the hospital today for carbon monoxide poisoning.A spokesperson for Con Edison

BROOKLYN - A Con Edison worker is expected to be OK after he was rushed to the hospital today for carbon monoxide poisoning.

A spokesperson for Con Edison says that the employee was splicing cables to restore a power outage on Bergen Street and Nostrand Avenue in Crown Heights when he was overcome by the toxic fumes and collapsed.

Officials say the worker was unconscious when the fire department arrived, but he woke up and was transported to Brookdale Hospital.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

Activists say they want the city to retract 1 Residents converge to protest Bedford Armory Development
History lovers call Green-Wood Cemetery's trolley tour through 2 Black History Month: Green-Wood Cemetery trolley tour
Software developer Josh Mass-Howard says he does not 3 Organizers: 'Hack the Ban' aims to fight immigration discrimination
The Brooklyn Academy of Music is hosting a 4 New Brooklyn Academy of Music exhibit features virtual reality storytelling
The Merrick native is working one-on-one with 20 5 Debbie Gibson helping to make kids' musical dreams a reality

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE