Con Ed worker recovering after being overcome by carbon monoxide

A Con Edison worker is expected to be OK after he was rushed to the hospital today for carbon monoxide poisoning.A spokesperson for Con Edison

BROOKLYN - A Con Edison worker is expected to be OK after he was rushed to the hospital today for carbon monoxide poisoning.

A spokesperson for Con Edison says that the employee was splicing cables to restore a power outage on Bergen Street and Nostrand Avenue in Crown Heights when he was overcome by the toxic fumes and collapsed.

Officials say the worker was unconscious when the fire department arrived, but he woke up and was transported to Brookdale Hospital.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

Brooklyn nail salon makes its own unique nail 1 Brooklyn Style: k2 Nail Salon
Kilusan Bautista once lived in Crown Heights until 2 NYC man's show puts spotlight on gentrification
News 12 Brooklyn asked residents what old TV 3 Word on the Street: Old TV shows
4 Activists push women's rights with double entendre
5 VIDEO: Interview with Kilusan Bautista

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE