CONEY ISLAND - Thrill-seekers turned out to Coney Island today for the reopening of the famous Cyclone roller coaster, nearly a week after the ride broke down on what should have been its opening day.

Viewers sent pictures into News 12 right after the historic coaster broke down last Sunday on its first ride of the season.

The Luna Park president says last week was too cold for the ride's control system, but says everyone was safely evacuated. Extra checks were performed and an inspector with the Department of Buildings was examining rides to ensure safety, the president says.

The Luna Park staff feels confident that there will be no issues with the Cyclone going forward.

The ride will be open every weekend from now through Memorial Day, and after that, it will be open seven days a week through the summer season.