GREENPOINT - Emergency crews remained on the scene tonight in Greenpoint after a massive fire damaged a paper recycling plant.
Emergency workers on the scene are wearing masks to protect themselves from any possible toxic fumes as they clean up the debris from the fire. People who live nearby say they're also concerned about the smoke in the air.
The fire started Tuesday night at around 7 p.m. Deputy Fire Chief Robert Strong says the fire spread very fast since the plant was filled with extremely flammable materials.
Four firefighters suffered minor injuries battling the flames. The cause of the fire remains under investigation.