Crown Heights mom shocked at son's brush with classroom current

CROWN HEIGHTS - A Crown Heights mother wants answers after she says her son brushed against exposed wires at Middle School 390.

The 14-year-old boy says he bent down to pick up papers when he accidentally touched the wires and was shocked Wednesday. He was treated for burns and swelling, but will recover. The boy?s mother says she arrived at the school with a camera, but could not take pictures because the staff had already fixed the wiring.

The concerned parent says there are other classrooms with exposed wires, according to her child.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

Residents are concerned about the safety of items 1 The Buzz: Safety concerns in wake of 8-year-old boy's death
Kevin Reilly, 8, died after a heavy planter 2 Vigil remembers 8-year-old killed by fallen planter box
The victim, a man in his 20s, was 3 Man shot in head during Williamsburg drive-by shooting
A kid from the Bronx is one of 4 Actor from the Bronx stars in '13 Reasons Why'
In honor of National Superhero Day, News 12 5 Word on the Street: Superheroes

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE