BROOKLYN - The Department of Education has been cleared of any wrongdoing in the death of a student who choked at P.S. 368 in 2014.
Dyasha Smith, 21, choked on a piece of food back on Oct. 28. Her mother blamed the school, saying the staff knew her daughter's food always had to be cut up. She also says her daughter, who was autistic, was required to have a one-on-one paraprofessional with her at all times.
The commissioner of investigation says school employees were not responsible for her death. He says the probe focused on whether Smith took a snack from a cabinet with a broken lock and that evidence suggests there was no negligence from the staff.