Dept. of Buildings cuts Coney Island zip line again

CONEY ISLAND - After opening for just two days last week, the Department of Buildings (DOB) has shut down the Coney Island zip line.

James Wilcox, the ride's manager, says the owners have been dealing with DOB issues all summer. He says an inspector found problems with the zip line's insurance even though the owner has several other rides operating under the same coverage.

The DOB has not yet answered a call to comment on the situation.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

At least six people have been arrested and 1 Six arrested, 4 more sought in Coney Island gang assault video
VIDEO: Interview with SUNY Old Westbury President Dr. 2 VIDEO: Interview with SUNY Old Westbury president
Candlelight vigil held Monday for the 2 Bellport 3 Vigil held for Bellport students murdered in Central Islip
VIDEO: Interview with former Suffolk County Executive Steve 4 VIDEO: Interview with former Suffolk County Executive Steve Levy
News 12 viewers took to Facebook to discuss 5 The Buzz: 8-year-old wanders out of charter school, found walking along train tracks

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE