BROOKLYN - Two people are dead and four others hurt after flames broke out inside a Flatbush home.

Officials say a 91-year-old woman was found on the first floor of the house on East 15th Street and was pronounced dead at the scene.

The woman's 63-year-old son-in-law was rushed to Kings County Hospital where he was pronounced dead. Another four people were taken to the hospital, including a 1-year-old child. Their injuries are said to be minor.

Neighbors say that about 10 people live in the home, including children.

Fire marshals told News 12 that a damaged extension cord powering a space heater is what sparked the blaze. They say there were no smoke alarms inside the house.