Fire marshal: Electrical wiring caused fire at First Calvary Baptist Church in Bed-Stuy

The fire marshal confirms that Monday's fire at a Bed-Stuy church was sparked by electrical wiring. The fire tore through the second and third floors

Firefighters say no one was hurt in the fire.

Firefighters say no one was hurt in the fire. (1/9/14)

BEDFORD-STUYVESANT - The fire marshal confirms that Monday's fire at a Bed-Stuy church was sparked by electrical wiring.

The fire tore through the second and third floors of First Calvary Baptist Church on Putnam Avenue Monday afternoon. No one inside the church was injured, but a fire lieutenant suffered minor injuries.

The church's pastor says the congregation is planning to hold service in the downstairs section this Sunday.
 

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

Police say two black men in their 20s 1 10-year-old thwarts Canarsie home invasion
The New York City Transit Museum welcomed kids 2 NYC Transit Museum welcomes kids with special needs
As News 12 has reported, Haste shot and 3 Officer quits to avoid firing after shooting of unarmed teen
A man was seriously injured in a fire 4 Man critically injured in Ocean Hill fire
News 12 Brooklyn asked residents what they like 5 Word on the Street: Inauguration Day

advertisement | advertise on News 12

More News

Firefighters say no one was hurt in the Fire damages Bed-Stuy church

A Bed-Stuy church has been left damaged after a fire swept through its second floor

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE