EAST FLATBUSH - FDNY marshals say voodoo candles are to blame for Saturday's fatal fire in East Flatbush.
The fire killed a 64-year-old woman and injured 20 firefighters, according to officials.
Officials say bed linens caught fire during a good-luck voodoo ritual and the fourth-floor resident tried to put the flames out instead of calling 911 immediately.
They say coupled with an open door and strong winds, the fire quickly grew out of control.
1 dead, 20 firefighters hurt in Flatbush apartment fire