Friends and family mourn tragic death of young girls killed in Bay Ridge fire

The funeral was held Friday for the two young girls killed during a Bay Ridge fire.Services were held at the Islamic Society for the 2

BAY RIDGE - The funeral was held Friday for the two young girls killed during a Bay Ridge fire.Services were held at the Islamic Society for the 2 and 4-year-old victims of Thursday?s three-alarm fire at 514 73rd St. Officials blame the fire, which started around 5:30 a.m., on a space heater left on overnight between the two girls? bedrooms. They say the space heater was very close to flammable bedding material.The latest statistics from the U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission say space heaters caused 2,400 fires and 80 deaths nationwide in 1994. Fire officials say the heaters can be very dangerous and need to be used with extreme caution. They say space heaters should be kept at least 3 feet away from any kind of material, should not be left on for long periods of time and should be turned off overnight.

Related Information Two children killed in Bay Ridge house fire

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

Catch 1 LI Winter: Theaters add extra shows for winter break
Nassau Police say they arrested a 23-year-old man 2 Police: Uber driver beaten unconscious by passenger
An upstate lawmaker wants to designate baseball as 3 Word on the Street: The official sport of NY
Mark Wahlberg was in Port Jefferson Station Sunday 4 Mark Wahlberg visits Wahlburgers restaurant in Port Jefferson
The former rookie officer was convicted for shooting 5 Group gathers to commemorate Liang trial

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE