BAY RIDGE - The funeral was held Friday for the two young girls killed during a Bay Ridge fire.Services were held at the Islamic Society for the 2 and 4-year-old victims of Thursday?s three-alarm fire at 514 73rd St. Officials blame the fire, which started around 5:30 a.m., on a space heater left on overnight between the two girls? bedrooms. They say the space heater was very close to flammable bedding material.The latest statistics from the U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission say space heaters caused 2,400 fires and 80 deaths nationwide in 1994. Fire officials say the heaters can be very dangerous and need to be used with extreme caution. They say space heaters should be kept at least 3 feet away from any kind of material, should not be left on for long periods of time and should be turned off overnight.

Related Information Two children killed in Bay Ridge house fire