Gas leak at Brooklyn school forces evacuation

DUMBO - A gas leak Thursday forced nearly 150 disabled students at a Brooklyn school to be evacuated.

National Grid says a contractor working in the area caused the gas leak. The utility says the contractor damaged a high pressure line in front of 18 Adams St. in DUMBO.

The gas leak was at a facility run by the Association for the Help of Retarded Children.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

News 12 Brooklyn hit the streets to ask 1 Word on the Street: GPS devices
Aziz Chirkeev, 20, was last seen April 3 2 Brighton Beach man missing for nearly two weeks
2 men set to be arraigned Thursday, after 3 Suspects to be arraigned after Suffolk bank robbery, pursuit
Heavy rain and strong winds Tuesday proved a 4 Rain, wind slam outdoor workers
5 VIDEO: Brooklyn Botanic Garden to host annual Sakura Matsuri Festival

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE