Man rescued from burning Ocean Hill building

Firefighters rushed into a burning Ocean Hill building Wednesday to rescue a burn victim who was found unconscious.Firefighters say the emergency at 298 Marion St.

OCEAN HILL - Firefighters rushed into a burning Ocean Hill building Wednesday to rescue a burn victim who was found unconscious.

Firefighters say the emergency at 298 Marion St. could have been prevented after finding the blaze was ignited by a cigarette the burn victim was smoking. FDNY officials also say a smoke detector had no batteries.

The victim was transported to the Burn Center at New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center in serious condition.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

News 12 took to the streets to find 1 Word on the Street: Time travel
2 Military family gets holiday surprise
Police say Alastasia Bryan, 25, was sitting in 3 Vigil held for slain correction officer
Smith was last seen wearing dark brown pants, 4 Missing elderly man found at Flushing Hospital
Christine Whalen, co-owner of the store Sahadi's on 5 BQX proposal gets mixed results from businesses

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Furry Friends is a weekly segment on News Furry Friends

Furry Friends is a weekly segment on News 12 Brooklyn nightside.

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE