CANARSIE - The family of a man who died in the mold-infested gym where he worked has decided to take their battle to court.

John Craig, 36, worked as a personal trainer at a gym in Canarsie six days a week for six years until he died in March. One day while working, co-workers say Craig complained of chest pains and passed out at work. He died later that day.

An autopsy found that Craig had died of heart disease, but days after his death city Comptroller William Thompson released a report on the gym, citing dangerous levels of mold inside the facility.

Craig?s family believes the mold may have something to do with their son?s death, and they?ve filed a $20 million notice of claim against the city, since the gym is located on city property. The family also says there was no defibrillator on site, which the family?s attorney says also led to Craig?s untimely death.

?A defibrillator wasn?t available to him until EMS showed up,? Larry Kramer, the family?s attorney, says. ?There is a law that requires a health club with 500 members or more to have a defibrillator.?

Gym officials released a statement to News 12 Brooklyn saying that the facility is located on city land. The officials say they will review the lawsuit when they see it.