NTSB: Tour bus not hit before fatal Bronx crash

Federal inspectors have found no evidence that acasino tour bus was struck by a tractor-trailer before it crashedin The Bronx last month, killing 15 people.

NEW YORK - Federal inspectors have found no evidence that acasino tour bus was struck by a tractor-trailer before it crashedin The Bronx last month, killing 15 people. A preliminary report on the crash was issued Friday by theNational Transportation Safety Board. It says the bus was going 78 mph about 45 seconds before thecrash. The speed limit at the crash site is 55 mph. Police said the driver, Ophadell Williams, told them his bus wasclipped by a tractor-trailer, which forced him to swerve and crash.Williams' attorney didn't immediately return a call for commentFriday. The bus ran off Interstate 95 on March 12 as it was returningfrom a casino in Uncasville, Conn. It tipped overand slammed into a pole that sheared it nearly end to end. AP wire services contributed to this report Lawmakers say NTSB will probe tour bus industry

2nd lawsuit filed over BX tour bus crash

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

News 12's Dan Serafin visited Lincoln High School 1 Lincoln H.S. alumnus plays in Sweet 16 of NCAA Tourney
The Harlem Globtrotters paid a visit to children 2 Harlem Globetrotters visit children at Brooklyn Hospital
VIDEO: Brooklyn artist pays tribute to slain EMT 3 VIDEO: Brooklyn artist pays tribute to slain EMT
Dozens of people were arrested across the borough 4 Dozens arrested in 'Operation Hardball' drug takedown
The Center for Disease Control has a few 5 12 on Health: CDC offers healthy travel tips

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE