Officials say faulty wiring to blame for 6-alarm fire

Fire officials say that the fire that ripped through a Brooklyn housing complex last Friday evening was caused by faulty wiring.The Department of Buildings Web

BROOKLYN - Fire officials say that the fire that ripped through a Brooklyn housing complex last Friday evening was caused by faulty wiring.

The Department of Buildings Web site lists numerous violations by the building's owner, MNB Lincoln Realty, but none of them were electrical violations. Since the fire, the company has been issued two open violations. One for faulty wiring and the other for not having a permit on file for outlets, lights and circuit breakers.

The fire sent 23 firefighters and two tenants to the hospital with injuries and displaced 40 other tenants. Many residents remain homeless and are slowing removing their belongings from the fire damaged apartments.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

They say the speculators are buying homes and 1 Activists rally against gentrification in Cypress Hills, East NY
VIDEO: March to help seniors apply to college 2 VIDEO: March to help seniors apply to college
3 Money Matters: Self-employed retirement savings
The hand-bell ensemble will be performing again at 4 VIDEO: Long Island ReSound perform holiday classics
A Bronx-based artist has opened a cash-optional, pop-up 5 Artist opens up cash-optional coffee shop in Williamsburg

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Furry Friends is a weekly segment on News Furry Friends

Furry Friends is a weekly segment on News 12 Brooklyn nightside.

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE