Police: Boy accidentally overdosed in Sea Gate after finding lost pill

Police say a 2-year-old boy was rushed to the hospital after an accidental overdose in Sea Gate. Police say the boy’s parents had been looking

A 2-year-old boy was rushed to the hospital

A 2-year-old boy was rushed to the hospital Tuesday afternoon in Sea Gate.

BROOKLYN - Police say a 2-year-old boy was rushed to the hospital after an accidental overdose in Sea Gate.

Police say the boy’s parents had been looking for a pill that was recently lost in their home. They say the boy found and ingested the pill.

Officials say he had difficulty breathing and his lips were blue. He was rushed to Coney Island Hospital, where he is in stable condition.

Officials did not release the type of pill the boy ingested. No criminality is suspected in the incident.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

News 12 Brooklyn asked residents what they think 1 Word on the Street: Amazon Go
The 25-year-old had just recently started work at 2 Police look to question ex-boyfriend in death of correction officer
News 12 viewers take to Facebook to address 3 The Buzz: Bushwick mail problems
Some Bushwick residents say they have not been 4 Bushwick residents without regular mail service for months
Construction crews are making repairs to a sinkhole 5 Officials: Water leak to blame for 23rd Street sinkhole

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Furry Friends is a weekly segment on News Furry Friends

Furry Friends is a weekly segment on News 12 Brooklyn nightside.

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE