KENSINGTON - Police are continuing to search Levi Aron's Kensington home in an attempt to build a stronger case against him in the murder of 8-year-old Leiby Kletzky.
Aron is accused of abducting, murdering and dismembering the boy last week.
Brooklyn District Attorney Charles Hynes, who visited with the victim's family to offer his condolences, says that they also have a handwritten and videotaped confession by Aron.
Aron's attorney, Pierre Bazile, in an interview with News 12 Brooklyn said that he has yet to receive any evidence related to a confession from the district attorney's office.
Bazile also mentioned that he is concerned for the mental health of his client, indicating that he may have suffered from a mental disorder prior to the alleged crime.
Doctors at Manhattan's Bellevue Hospital are currently conducting a court-ordered psychiatric evaluation on Aron to determine if he is competent to stand trial.
Meanwhile, the grand jury has yet to decide whether to indict Aron on charges of first-degree murder and kidnapping.
Aron's next court date is scheduled for July 28.
Police find missing BK boy's remains, arrest suspect VIDEO: Full press conference about Leibby Kletzky case Thousands attend funeral for slain BK boy Massive manhunt under way for missing 8-year-old boy