Rabbi: Fire guts yeshiva kitchen

An Ocean Parkway elementary school's kitchen was destroyed in a fire over the weekend.The rabbi who heads the yeshiva says fire marshals think the blaze

BROOKLYN - An Ocean Parkway elementary school's kitchen was destroyed in a fire over the weekend.

The rabbi who heads the yeshiva says fire marshals think the blaze was sparked by a pilot light on a deep fryer. He says the 1,100 students who attend the school were off Monday because of a holiday, but will return Tuesday.

The rabbi estimates the fire caused thousands of dollars in damages.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

Catch 1 LI Winter: Theaters add extra shows for winter break
Nassau Police say they arrested a 23-year-old man 2 Police: Uber driver beaten unconscious by passenger
An upstate lawmaker wants to designate baseball as 3 Word on the Street: The official sport of NY
The former rookie officer was convicted for shooting 4 Group gathers to commemorate Liang trial
Staking out his ground ahead of a fiscal 5 Obama to GOP: Halt automatic spending cuts

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE