Residents evacuated after carbon monoxide scare

Dangerous levels of carbon monoxide forced Carroll Gardens residents on Sackett Street from their homes Monday.About 30 people were evacuated. They were allowed to return

CARROLL GARDENS - Dangerous levels of carbon monoxide forced Carroll Gardens residents on Sackett Street from their homes Monday.

About 30 people were evacuated. They were allowed to return to their homes an hour later.

Con Ed crews say an underground fire caused by salt used during last week's snowstorm also knocked out power to many Carroll Gardens homes. Power was later restored to those residences.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

VIDEO: Discovery of human remains in freezer shocks 1 VIDEO: Discovery of human remains in freezer shocks neighbors
Chopper 12 over Belt Parkway brush fire 2 Chopper 12 over Belt Parkway brush fire
Here is the latest weather forecast in your 3 Brooklyn Weather Forecast
The MTA announced the 3 station in East 4 MTA: 3 train station to reopen in March
Police say a man robbed a medical supply 5 Police: Man beat employees during Brownsville robbery

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE