BROOKLYN - St. Joseph's High School has been evacuated and cordoned off Thursday morning following a gas leak.
Fire officials say the leak at the school, located on Willoughby Street, was caused by a broken valve.
The 300 girls who attend St. Joseph's H.S. were taken to the courtyard of Metrotech, where they remained until the school contacted parents and asked them to pick up their children.
Sister Joan Gallaghaer, the principal of St. Joseph's, says none of the students were in class during the leak because they were celebrating liturgy at a nearby church.
The school is expected to be back in session Friday.