Students, residents evacuated after Bed-Stuy manhole fire

BEDFORD-STUYVESANT - More than 20 students and staff were evacuated from a day care center in Brooklyn today after a manhole fire.

Fire officials say high carbon monoxide levels caused by the manhole fire led them to evacuate 43 Sumner Ave. and 860 Park Ave. The students and tenants were allowed back into the buildings after a few hours.

No injuries were reported.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

1 Neighborhood Brief for April 30
More than 2,000 people took part in the 2 Thousands attend NYPD Cares 5K for kids with disabilities
More than 200 Brooklyn residents received a goody 3 Expecting moms attend massive baby shower in E. Flatbush
A 3-year-old girl died after a car accident 4 3-year-old killed in crash on Bruckner Boulevard
The victim, a man in his 20s, was 5 Man shot in head during Williamsburg drive-by shooting

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE