Sunset Park fire leaves residents homeless

SUNSET PARK - A number of residents at an apartment building on 58th Street in Sunset Park were forced out of their homes by a fire this morning.

Despite many of them losing everything, residents say they never saw any flames.

Firefighters say they had to cut a hole in the roof and pull down a number of ceilings to get at the flames, which were burning between the walls.

Residents say they think the fire was caused by an electrical problem since their power had been out all morning.

Fire officials are continuing to investigate the fire.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

Police say they're investigating after a body was 1 Police: Man found dead inside vehicle
Teens, parents and community organizations marched from the 2 Organizers march to bring awareness to teen dating violence
VIDEO: Suspected gang members arrested in the Bronx 3 VIDEO: Suspected gang members arrested in the Bronx
VIDEO: Extended interview with Bernard Kerik 4 VIDEO: Extended interview with Bernard Kerik
Police are searching for the suspect who they 5 Police search for suspect in string of burglaries

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE