Three-alarm fire guts Brooklyn foster care home

A fire that started Thursday at a Brooklyn home for disabled teens reignited Friday morning. The building, located at 663 Rugby Road, was gutted and

BROOKLYN - A fire that started Thursday at a Brooklyn home for disabled teens reignited Friday morning. The building, located at 663 Rugby Road, was gutted and a neighboring home suffered extensive damage. Residents in the area say a lit cigarette is to blame for the three-alarm blaze. Five people were taken to the hospital, including one firefighter who suffered serious injuries.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

News 12 Brooklyn asked residents who their favorite 1 Word on the Street: Presidents Day
2 12 on Health: Foods that help fight diseases
News 12's Elizabeth Hashagen visited Leonardo's Pizza in 3 Tasty Tuesday: DIY pizza
4 VIDEO: Extended video from 'Not My President's Day' rally in NYC
Vote set for tonight on whether or not 5 Vote tonight on plan to allow alcohol sales on Long Beach boardwalk

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE