DOE finds mold in Williamsburg school
The Department of Education has discovered mold inside a Williamsburg school, but insists that the facility is still safe for faculty and students. State Assemblyman Joseph Lentol (D-50th District) says the building, which houses P.S. 17 and M.S. 577, has two forms of mold inside. According to education officials, the mold formed last August after heavy water damage, but dangerous spores have not reached the air. Parents say they are disappointed they weren't given information sooner. Lentol says the DOE has already implemented part of its plan to remove the substance.