Chemical company worker burned in Prospect Heights

An employee with Diamond Chemical Company has been rushed to the hospital after Hazmat teams say he in came in contact with a dangerous substance in Prospect Heights. Fire officials say the incident happened at 121 Montgomery St. The worker was apparently transferring chemicals from his truck to containers inside the building when the hose connection malfunctioned and sprayed cleaning solution in his face. Officials say he suffered several first-degree burns and, after being hosed down, was rushed to Long Island University Hospital's burn center in stable condition. Hospital officials say he is expected to make a full recovery.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."