2nd lawsuit filed over BX tour bus crash

A second survivor of the Bronx tour bus crash that killed 15 people filed a lawsuit today against the bus company, seeking $200 million in damages.

Passenger Erold Jean Marie says bus driver Ophadell Williams fell asleep at the wheel, causing the deadly crash. The suit accuses Brooklyn-based World Wide Tours of hiring inept employees.

The first lawsuit was filed earlier this week by survivor Yuke Chu Lo, 74, of Manhattan. Lo's lawsuit seeks $20 million in damages.

Fifteen people were killed March 12 when the bus flipped over and was cut nearly in half by a sign pole.

Williams' lawyer says he was alert the whole time and swerved only to avoid a tractor-trailer that nearly clipped the bus. The driver has not been charged in the crash.

$20 million suit filed against BK bus company for crashCeremony held for 15 killed in tour bus crash BK tour bus driver's license suspended after crash

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."