Tenants: Flatbush fire started by electric heater

FDNY investigators are probing whether a fire that broke out in Flatbush was started by an electric heater.

Tenants say the woman living in first-floor apartment where the fire at 32 St. Paul's Place began was forced to use the electric heater because there was no heat in the building.

Four tenants and one firefighter were injured in the fire.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."