Carbon monoxide exposure sickens Crown Heights family

The Thanksgiving holiday turned into a nightmare for members of a Crown Heights family after they got a mild case of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Shanefia Wray says she, her boyfriend and three children spent more than 24 hours in the hospital after becoming sick at their Park Place apartment.

Wray says when emergency medical responders arrived at the family's home, their carbon monoxide detectors immediately went off. Wray and her boyfriend say they had no idea their family was in danger because the apartment did not come with a carbon monoxide detector.

New York City requires building owners to provide at least one approved carbon monoxide alarm within 15 feet of each bedroom.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."