4 students exposed to chemical at Sethlow Junior High School

Four students at Sethlow Junior High School in Bensonhurst were sent to the emergency room today after being exposed to the chemical substance potassium bichrome.

One student had exposure to the eyes, two had exposure to their hands and one was exposed to the substance on his mouth, according to EMS officials. All students were washed down on the scene before being taken to the hospital for evaluation.

The assistant principal says all students are going to be fine.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."