Gas leak at Brooklyn school forces evacuation

A gas leak Thursday forced nearly 150 disabled students at a Brooklyn school to be evacuated.

National Grid says a contractor working in the area caused the gas leak. The utility says the contractor damaged a high pressure line in front of 18 Adams St. in DUMBO.

The gas leak was at a facility run by the Association for the Help of Retarded Children.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."