Dog dies, owner injured after electrical shock

A post-Sandy stroll took a tragic turn for a Bronx resident and his dog in Country Club this afternoon.

Witnesses say that 24-year-old Christopher Corrado was out walking his pit bull on Jarvis Avenue when he and the dog were struck by a live electrical wire that fell from above.

The dog died, and Corrado was taken to Jacobi Medical Center where he was admitted for observation.

Witnesses say that Con Edison was on the scene, but the live electrical wire was not blocked off, so anyone could walk past it.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."