Independence Day celebrated with Caribbean twist in Bed-StuyPosted: Updated:
Brooklyn residents were in Bedford-Stuyvesant Saturday to celebrate Independence Day with a Caribbean twist.
Food retailer Tower Isles sponsored a free barbeque for the community.
Despite passing storms, residents lined up for Jamaican-style patties, jerk chicken among other delicacies.
Organizers say the event is in its 24th year and they show no signs of slowing down.
Brooklyn Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Police have released the identities of the four men who were killed at a suspected illegal gambling spot in Crown Heights Saturday.
It's a battle for bragging rights! News 12 is looking for the schools with the most school spirit! Is it yours?
- A march across the Brooklyn Bridge, and a festival afterward, is celebrating public school teachers and students.
- Police are looking for the public's help identifying four men connected to attempted luring incidents in Borough Park.
- Police say two men were shot in Bed-Stuy early Sunday morning.Police say two men were shot in Bed-Stuy early Sunday morning.
- Gunfire broke out inside an illegal gambling club in Brooklyn early Saturday, police said, leaving four people dead, three wounded, and investigators trying to piece together what prompted the bloodshed.
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
- New York Comic Con is being held at the Javits Center Oct. 3-6, and News 12 is there! Click or tap on the photos to see some of the best costumes!
Looking to check out brewery this summer? There are many breweries across the boroughs for beer-lovers to visit.
- New York Comic Con is being held at the Javits Center Oct. 3-6, and News 12 is there! Click or tap on the photos to get a look at all of the fun!