NY Comic Con fully underway in ManhattanPosted: Updated:
The 2017 New York Comic Con is in full swing at the Jacob Javits Center in Manhattan.
It's the largest pop-culture convention on the East Coast and also serves as a family affair for some in attendance.
"This is what, like our fourth, fifth year, so it's a family event," says Lou Vasquez, of the Bronx's Claremont section. "We love to do it and we just like to shop."
Some come for the merchandise and panels or to dress as their favorite pop-culture characters, while others are simply enjoying the experience.
"Try to see new characters, new shows, experience my first Comic Con," says John Santiago, of Fordham Heights.
The convention runs through Sunday. Tickets for the remaining days are sold out.
Go HERE for extended interviews with some attendees.
Brooklyn Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- As city leaders met Monday to try and come up with a solution to the up-tick in hate crimes, a disturbing discovery made in Bensonhurst.
- Whole Foods is banning plastic straws.Whole Foods is banning plastic straws.
- Texting while crossing the street could soon become illegal in New York state.Texting while crossing the street could soon become illegal in New York state.
- Are you attending the PGA Championship? News 12 wants to see your photos!Are you attending the PGA Championship? News 12 wants to see your photos!
- The BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival has announced its 2019 lineup.The BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival has announced its 2019 lineup.
- Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.
- The 2019 performer lineup for Madison Square Garden.The 2019 performer lineup for Madison Square Garden.