#N12BK: Alexandria Ocasio-CortezPosted: Updated:
Monday's Democratic primary could cause a major shakeup in New York.
Bronx native Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez won the primary election for the 14th Congressional District, which represents part of the Bronx and Queens.
She topped 10-term Rep. Joe Crowley.
Ocasio-Cortez was the first to challenge Crowley in 14 years. This was her first campaign.
Many people believed Crowley could be the next speaker of the House.
Ocasio-Cortez supports Medicare for everyone and abolishing Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
If elected in November, the 28-year-old would be the youngest woman ever elected to Congress.
- Allergic reactions can be deadly.Allergic reactions can be deadly.
- Do you dread your commute?Do you dread your commute?
- When was the last time you wrote in cursive?When was the last time you wrote in cursive?
- Is subway graffiti making a comeback?Is subway graffiti making a comeback?
- Should people on probation be drug tested for marijuana?Should people on probation be drug tested for marijuana?