#N12BK: Nathan's Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest flubPosted: Updated:
There was a hot dog flub at the Nathan's Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest at Coney Island this Fourth of July.
It could change the way the contest is conducted in the future.
Officials first said returning champion Joey Chestnut only ate 64 hot dogs, but they miscounted. Chestnut actually scarfed down 74 dogs, beating his own record.
It's a New World Record!— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) July 4, 2018
Joey Chestnut claims his 11th Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest title with a record 74 dogs eaten!
Chestnut now owns the 7 most hot dogs eaten at a single Nathan's competition pic.twitter.com/NpzqIAMCLE
ESPN now reports officials are reconsidering their tally system to bring the contest into the digital world. In an interview with ESPN, Major League Eating president Richard Shea said they could monitor dogs eaten by the weight of the plate.
- Two big retail stores are in hot water.Two big retail stores are in hot water.
- Those traveling around the city this weekend may be able to ditch their MetroCard.Those traveling around the city this weekend may be able to ditch their MetroCard.
- Allergic reactions can be deadly.Allergic reactions can be deadly.
- Do you dread your commute?Do you dread your commute?
- When was the last time you wrote in cursive?When was the last time you wrote in cursive?