McGregor agrees to plea deal in Barclays Center bus attackPosted: Updated:
Mixed martial arts star Conor McGregor has taken a plea deal after being charged in a backstage melee at a New York City arena.
The 30-year-old Irish fighter Thursday agreed to plead guilty to disorderly conduct.
Video showed what appeared to be McGregor hurling a hand truck at a bus full of fighters after a news conference for the UFC 223 event at Brooklyn's Barclays Center in April.
Two fighters hurt by broken glass were unable to compete.
A judge ordered McGregor to five days community service along with his immediate enrollment in an anger management course of one to three days.
McGregor is also expected to pay restitutions for damages made to the bus.
Brooklyn Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Community activists rallied in Crown Heights Thursday against a planned major development that would create a mixed-use high-rise.
- Police say a man was shot in the stomach Thursday night in East New York.Police say a man was shot in the stomach Thursday night in East New York.
- The Brooklyn Daily Eagle reports that the MTA may consider closing the Clark Street station for a year to repair its three elevators.
- Students at P.S. 11 learned about the historic neighborhood of Weeksville.Students at P.S. 11 learned about the historic neighborhood of Weeksville.
- BKLYN Blend in Bedford-Stuyvesant is not your average juice bar.BKLYN Blend in Bedford-Stuyvesant is not your average juice bar.
- Are you attending the PGA Championship? News 12 wants to see your photos!Are you attending the PGA Championship? News 12 wants to see your photos!
- The BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival has announced its 2019 lineup.The BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival has announced its 2019 lineup.
- Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.