#N12BK: ATM cash-out schemePosted: Updated:
The biggest cyber heist might be right around the corner.
According to a report the cybersecurity blog "Krebs on Security," there's a scheme going around called "ATM cash-out."
Krebs says hackers can get inside a bank or payment card processor and take large amounts of cash with stolen information.
By changing fraud controls, maximum withdrawal limits and amount of money in each account, the blog says the cybercriminals could withdraw millions of dollars in a few hours. The threat is worldwide.
The FBI is warning big banks to up their security.
Krebs notes that most attacks are launched on weekends.
- Two big retail stores are in hot water.Two big retail stores are in hot water.
- Those traveling around the city this weekend may be able to ditch their MetroCard.Those traveling around the city this weekend may be able to ditch their MetroCard.
- Allergic reactions can be deadly.Allergic reactions can be deadly.
- Do you dread your commute?Do you dread your commute?
- When was the last time you wrote in cursive?When was the last time you wrote in cursive?