#N12BK: Commuting costsPosted: Updated:
Your Uber habit may be more expensive than owning your own car.
A new study from AAA looked at the cost of ride-hailing reliance compared to car ownership.
The study factored in the cost of fuel, insurance, parking and the vehicle itself, and figured the average city-dweller drives almost 11,000 miles a year
The study found that the cost of relying exclusively on ride-shares would cost just over $20,000 annually in New York
The average annual cost of car ownership was around $7,300
Of course, monthly MetroCards are the most cost-effective mode of travel in the city, but if you're in the market for a car, AAA recommends buying used cars since vehicle values quickly depreciate.
- Two big retail stores are in hot water.Two big retail stores are in hot water.
- Those traveling around the city this weekend may be able to ditch their MetroCard.Those traveling around the city this weekend may be able to ditch their MetroCard.
- Allergic reactions can be deadly.Allergic reactions can be deadly.
- Do you dread your commute?Do you dread your commute?
- When was the last time you wrote in cursive?When was the last time you wrote in cursive?