Ocean Hill NYCHA resident lands in hospital twice after ceiling collapses

Posted: Updated:
BROOKLYN -

An Ocean Hill tenant says she went to the hospital twice in one day after parts of her ceiling collapsed.

Ebony Guadalupe lives in the Brown Houses, where her living room ceiling began to collapse last Tuesday. The mold triggered her asthma. She says it caused her to not be able to breathe, landing her in the hospital.

Once Guadalupe returned home, her bedroom ceiling collapsed entirely, leading to the return visit.

"I just walked in and it just came right down. And my neighbors were actually talking to me so I wouldn't pass out or anything, but I was really dizzy so I wound up back in the hospital again," says Guadalupe.

Two floors up from Guadalupe, Teka-Thomas Taylor says the leaks are endless in the NYCHA building.

"We are all human beings and we need to be able to feel comfortable in our house," says Taylor.

NYCHA says their staff visited both residents and will coordinate the necessary repairs as soon as possible.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."