#N12BK: Domestic Violence Awareness MonthPosted: Updated:
October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
The National Coalition Against Domestic Violence says 1 in 3 women and 1 in 4 men in the United States have experienced physical violence by an intimate partner.
Domestic violence hotlines receive about 21,000 calls per day.
City residents can get help by calling 311 and asking for the 24-hour Domestic Violence Hotline.
All NYC Family Justice Centers can also provide assistance regardless of language, immigration status or income.
- Two big retail stores are in hot water.Two big retail stores are in hot water.
- Those traveling around the city this weekend may be able to ditch their MetroCard.Those traveling around the city this weekend may be able to ditch their MetroCard.
- Allergic reactions can be deadly.Allergic reactions can be deadly.
- Do you dread your commute?Do you dread your commute?
- When was the last time you wrote in cursive?When was the last time you wrote in cursive?