Mega Millions jackpot reaches $1.6 billionPosted: Updated:
The latest Mega Millions jackpot had climbed to a whopping $1.6 billion by Monday evening.
Powerball's jackpot is also high, currently at $620 million.
The jackpot continues to draw people to local bodegas, gas stations and other lottery-selling locations.
No one has won a Mega Millions jackpot since July 24. The odds of hitting all six numbers are about 1 in 302 million. Powerball odds are slightly better at about 1 in 292 million.
Mega Millions is played in 44 states, as well as in Washington, D.C. and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Powerball is played in those same spots, plus Puerto Rico.
The next Mega Millions drawing is at 11 p.m. Tuesday, followed by Powerball at the same time on Wednesday.
Brooklyn Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Recent acts of vandalism in Bay Ride have been a cause for concern for the area's district leader, who is proposing adding more police officers in the area.
- House Democrats are poised to unveil two articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump over his actions in the Ukraine matter, with an announcement expected early Tuesday.
- White Castle is recalling some of its frozen burgers.White Castle is recalling some of its frozen burgers.
- A New York celebrity is encouraging people to consider opening their home to a teenager in need.A New York celebrity is encouraging people to consider opening their home to a teenager in need.
- New York saw its first reduction in opioid overdose deaths in almost 10 years, according to the Heroin and Opioid Task Force Progress Report that looked at numbers from 2018.